Brake Repair Service in Stittsvillle
Audio Page Summary
Brake Repair & Inspection Stittsville
The leading cause of traffic accidents is brake failure.
Brake Repair Services in Stittsville
Are you in need of brake repair services in the Stittsville area? Our team at Stittsville Auto is here to help. With years of experience and a dedication to top-quality workmanship, we are the go-to destination for all your brake repair needs. We also offer brake repair services in Munster, Richmond, and Carp areas.
Whether you’re experiencing squealing brakes, a soft brake pedal, or any other issue with your vehicle’s brake system, our team has the knowledge and expertise to get you back on the road safely. We use only the highest quality parts and equipment to ensure that your brakes are working properly and that your vehicle is safe to drive.
In addition to offering brake repair in the Stittsville area, we also offer a full range of automotive maintenance and repair services, including oil changes, tire rotations, and more. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service, and we take pride in the relationships we build with our clients.
Come into Stittsville Auto for a brake inspection. We will check …
- Pads and shoes for wear
- Drums and rotors for wear
- Wheel cylinders and calipers for leaks
- Hydraulic lines and hoses for leaks,
- kinks, and blockages
- Fluid in the master cylinder for level and condition.
Checking your brake system regularly will often save you in the long run. Replacing worn pads before they damage the disks or drums is a modest cost. If you wait until your car is sounding like a streetcar, you will likely have more extensive repairs and a higher cost.
If any work is necessary, we will give you a choice of parts. A better grade of materials (pads for example) may be one of the best bargains around. They will last longer and perform better than standard grades. You are in control. Both here at Stittsville Automotive Service and on the road when the need arises.
Some common signs that your brakes may need repair include:
- Squealing or grinding noises when you apply the brakes. If you hear a squealing or grinding noise when you brake, it could be a sign that your brake pads are worn down and need to be replaced. This noise is usually caused by a thin metal shim that’s built into the brake pads as a warning indicator. When the brake pads wear down, the metal shim comes into contact with the brake rotors, causing a squealing or grinding noise.
- A soft or spongy feel when you press the brake pedal. If the brake pedal feels soft or spongy when you press it, it could be a sign of air in the brake lines or a problem with the brake booster. A soft brake pedal can also be caused by low brake fluid levels or a leak in the brake system.
- A brake pedal that feels hard to press or goes all the way to the floor. If the brake pedal is hard to press or goes all the way to the floor, it could be a sign of a problem with the brake booster or a leak in the brake system. In some cases, this issue can be caused by a failure in the master cylinder, which is responsible for providing the necessary pressure to activate the brakes.
- A steering wheel or a brake pedal that vibrates when you brake. If you feel a vibration in the steering wheel or brake pedal when you brake, it could be a sign of warped brake rotors. This issue can be caused by excessive heat or wear and tear on the rotors, and it can affect your ability to stop safely.
- A brake warning light on your dashboard. If you see a brake warning light on your dashboard, it’s important to have your brakes checked as soon as possible. This light could indicate a variety of issues with the brake system, including low brake fluid levels, a problem with the brake booster, or a malfunction in one of the brake components.
If you notice any of these issues, it’s a good idea to have your brakes checked as soon as possible. Our Stittsville mechanics will be able to diagnose any problems with your brakes and recommend the necessary repairs. Give us a call and we will check it out for you.