Your brakes are an essential safety feature of your vehicle, and it’s important to pay attention to any signs that they may need repair. Learn more about our brake repair services in Stittsville – Kanata.
Here are 5 common signs that you may need brake repair:
- Squealing or grinding noises when you apply the brakes. This could be a sign that your brake pads are worn and need to be replaced.
- Brake pedal feels soft or spongy when pressed. This could indicate that there is air in the brake lines, or that the brake fluid needs to be changed.
- Brake pedal goes all the way to the floor when pressed. This could be a sign of a brake fluid leak, or that the brake pads are worn down too far.
- Steering wheel or entire car vibrates when braking. This could be a sign of warped rotors, which can be caused by excessive heat or prolonged braking.
- Brake warning light appears on dashboard. This could indicate a variety of issues with your brakes, and it’s important to have them checked out as soon as possible. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, it’s important to have your brakes checked by a mechanic as soon as possible to ensure your safety on the road.
It’s important to keep your brakes in good repair!
It is important to keep your brakes in good repair for your safety on the road. Worn or damaged brakes can increase your stopping distance and make it harder to bring your vehicle to a stop in an emergency. Neglecting brake maintenance can also lead to more costly repairs in the future. By staying on top of brake maintenance and addressing any issues as soon as they arise, you can ensure that your brakes are always in good working order and able to keep you safe on the road.
If you are having trouble with your vehicles brakes or you think there may be something not quite right give us a call here at Stittsville Auto and we’ll have a look.
Call 613-836-6136 today.